Do you want to help change one of the largest industries in the world to become more efficient and also improve the conditions for all of us?
Then you’re in the right place! Parsly, launched in mid-2021, is a tech company focused on providing easy-to-use tools powered by the latest technologies, and enabling restauranteurs to focus on their passion - creating amazing food and experiences for their guests. We are a young company with great ambitions and strong financiers backing and empowering us to realise our vision. We help restaurants save both money and time. All this while giving them the conditions to work more sustainably with reduced food waste and a huge positive environmental impact as a result!
We are based in Sweden and Portugal and want to grow our incredible team!
Our entire reason for existing goes back to our thinking that restaurant staff should be able to focus on the core business rather than on administration. With this in mind, our product will easily keep track of price fluctuations, purchase volumes, offer prices, and much more, regarding the management of a restaurant.
There are few career opportunities like this for an ambitious person who wants to quickly switch up their skills and career!
There will never be a better time to join us on the journey than where we stand today! On the one hand, we are a young company with a small team where each colleague makes a strong contribution to shaping the company. On the other hand, we have experienced founders and strong investors behind us. This combination will secure the journey for the coming years! We will achieve our lofty goals through a combination of hard work and a positive environment, which we will create together with a long-term plan.
Are you curious?
As a Data Engineer, you will be a core member of our tech team!
Who do we believe you are?
We believe you are a mid or senior-level Data Engineer that’s looking for new challenges with an international and dynamic company.
To join us, you need to:
- Have strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development
- Have experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Have experience with data mining or extracting usable data from valuable data sources
- Be able to carry out preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Be able to process, cleanse, and validate the integrity of data to be used for analysis
- Have experience analysing large amounts of information to find patterns and solutions, and presenting results in a clear manner
It's a plus if you:
- Have experience using machine learning to select features, and create and optimize classifiers (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.)
- Have a collaborative mindset to sit with business and other tech teams
- Are creative to propose solutions and strategies to tackle business challenges
- Have experience using Java/Kotlin
- Have experience with micro-services architecture and cloud-based applications (AWS)
- Have knowledge of DevOps processes
What do we offer you besides the salary?
- An annual benefits allowance, along with a personal visa card tied to your allowance budget, is to be spent as you see fit on the Coverflex platform. You can use it to pay for things like public transportation, computer hardware, healthcare, pharmacy, wellness services, gym membership, education expenses (School or kindergarten monthly instalment), training and courses in various fields, nursing home expenses for your family, retirement saving plan investment (that allows you to withdraw the money to your personal account), etc.
- Complete private health insurance.
- 27 days of paid holidays.
- Laptop, Apple MacBook or Lenovo, you choose! As well as other assets for your work (monitor, keyboard, etc).
- Access to e-learning platform Pluralsight.
- Travel allowance if you need to travel for work.
- Flexibility! Work from home or from the office as you see fit and according to your needs, as long as you add value and reach your targets.
Come join us! :D
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
Arbetsplats & kultur
På Parsly vi brinner för att lösa komplexa utmaningar där mångfald, lärande och innovation ligger i hjärtat av allt vi gör.
Vi har kontor i Lissabon och Stockholm. Denna uppdelning främjar både rörlighet och stödjer vår mångsidiga företagsprofil. Varje dag växer vi och blir bättre tack vare vårt härliga, begåvade och internationella team.
En stark lärandekultur möjliggörs av ett ständigt utbyte av olika perspektiv, erfarenheter och färdigheter – vilket driver innovation som i sin tur stärker företagets identitet och formar vår utveckling.
Parsly helps restaurants streamline their purchasing process – saving time, money and energy while reducing the environmental impact caused by food waste.
Loading application form